Invisalign - Massapequa Park, NY • Long Island
The Clear Path Toward a Straight Smile
For decades, if you were unhappy with the alignment of your teeth because of crookedness or gaps, there was only one solution—uncomfortable and noticeable metal braces. Thankfully, dentistry has evolved by leaps and bounds over the past few decades, allowing Dr. Mohr to offer a treatment like Invisalign in Massapequa Park. With it, you can maintain your daily appearance and eat whatever you like while getting ever closer to the eye-catching smile you desire. Before you call to schedule a consultation, you can learn more about how it works below.
WHY CHOOSE DR. ALLAN S. MOHR FOR INVISALIGN?
- VOTED BEST LONG ISLAND COSMETIC DENTIST SEVERAL YEARS IN A ROW
- MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF COSMETIC DENTISTRY & AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR DENTAL AESTHETICS
- WORKS WITH “DREAM TEAM” OF LOCAL ORTHODONTISTS
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign relies on the same principle as traditional braces to straighten the teeth, in that it applies gentle but gradual pressure that shifts them into the ideal positions. Rather than using metal brackets and wires to do this, a patient just has to wear a progressive series of clear plastic aligner trays. Each tray is worn for about 20-22 hours a day for two weeks before they are switched out for the next set in the series.
Your particular aligners will be custom-made based on impressions and scans of your mouth that will help Dr. Mohr design your fully tailored treatment plan. Every six to eight weeks, you’ll come in for brief progress checks so your dentist can make sure everything is moving as expected.
How Invisalign Can Help
All of the most common orthodontic issues can now be resolved discreetly using Invisalign, such as…
This is by far the most popular reason people want to have their teeth straightened. Crowded teeth present obvious aesthetic concerns, but they also make it more difficult to brush and floss properly, increasing someone’s risk of cavities and gum disease. Literally tens of millions of patients have been able to resolve this problem thanks to Invisalign.
Gaps Between Teeth
While too little space between the teeth is a problem, so is too much! Unwanted gaps stick out for all the wrong reasons and trap a lot of food and bacteria that can lead to infection and decay. Whether you have a space between your two front teeth or anywhere else, Invisalign can make it disappear.
In addition to correcting the individual teeth, Invisalign can also help with conditions like overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite. This can not only improve someone’s profile and facial shape for the better, but it can also allow them to chew more comfortably and avoid jaw pain down the line.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Unnoticeable: Everyone can tell when a person has braces, but with Invisalign, the aligners practically disappear when placed on the teeth. You’ll never have to worry about friends or coworkers noticing them.
- Comfortable: The aligners will be made just for you to ensure they fit the unique contours of your teeth and gums. The smooth plastic won’t irritate your cheeks or lips like regular braces. Many patients say they often forget they even have their aligners in!
- Freedom: You don’t have to change your diet or dental hygiene routine with Invisalign. Just take your aligners out before eating or brushing.
- Speed: Most Invisalign treatments take anywhere from 12-18 months to complete, while braces often require one to three years.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
To be as effective as possible, Dr. Mohr puts together a unique treatment plan for each Invisalign patient. The number of aligners you need will be the main cost-determining factor, and that will be based on the current position of your teeth, what problems need to be resolved, and how you want your final result to look. At your initial consultation, our team will talk about the price as well as how we could potentially use your insurance or financing to make the treatment as affordable as possible.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
- Number of Aligners: Minor, aesthetic-focused changes to the teeth may only require a few aligners (6-10), while bigger adjustments will require more (15+). In short, the more aligners you need, the more your treatment will cost.
- Starting Position of Your Teeth: This is strongly related to the point above. The number of aligners you require to achieve your desired result will largely depend on where your teeth and bite are at the beginning of treatment.
- Insurance Coverage: Some insurance plans offer broad orthodontic coverage that includes Invisalign for adult patients, while others will only help pay for metal braces for children. And if you have coverage, the actual amount can differ quite a bit from plan to plan.
Invisalign VS Do-It-Yourself-Aligners Which Costs More?
There are many companies these days that claim that if you want to straighten your teeth, all you need to do is download an app, and you’ll be able to have custom aligners sent to your house. While these businesses have plenty of marketing savvy, what they lack can leave you actually paying more to get the smile you want.
Adjustments often need to be made during a clear aligner treatment because the teeth don’t shift exactly as planned. While this is easy to do when partnering with a dentist or orthodontist, many of these do-it-yourself aligner brands will involve you never working directly with a dental professional. That means if something goes wrong, you’re on your own.
Without professional oversight, many patients end up with problems like pain, loose teeth, and even tooth loss. A quick internet search will point you toward multiple class-action lawsuits against DIY aligner providers because of these outcomes. In many cases, patients who opted for them ended up spending thousands more fixing their smiles compared to if they had just gotten Invisalign with a dentist in the first place.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Many dental insurance plans do offer orthodontic benefits that can be applied to Invisalign, but as noted above, this isn’t consistent across all providers. Before you commit to treatment with us, we’ll verify your coverage and make sure you know exactly how much your insurance is willing to pay. We can also discuss low-to-no-interest financing if needed so you can start your Invisalign treatment right away and pay for it over time using comfortable monthly installments.