Root Canals - Massapequa Park, NY • Long Island
Fast Relief For Hurting Teeth
There are toothaches, and then there are toothaches—the kind that prevent you from leaving the house because all you can focus on is how much your tooth hurts. This kind of pain cannot only interfere with your day, but it could also be a sign that there is a serious problem with your dental health. Thankfully, Dr. Allan Mohr can provide a proven solution that’s able to eliminate even the worst dental pain: root canal therapy. Instead of sitting and suffering with a hurting tooth, give Smile Creations a call so he can give you the relief you need right away!
Why Choose Dr. Allan S. Mohr for Root Canal Therapy?
- Same Day Appointments Available for Patients in Pain
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- Patient Comfort Always Comes First
Why Would Someone Need a Root Canal?
Normally, a cavity only affects the outermost layer of a tooth, or enamel. However, if decay is left untreated for a very long time, or there is a crack in the enamel, bacteria can actually reach the inner nerve of a tooth called the dental pulp. There, it can cause an infection and swelling, leading to quite a bit of discomfort. In the past, the only answer dentists had for this kind of problem was to simply remove the tooth, but thankfully, with root canal therapy, even the most damaged teeth can be saved so a patient’s smile stays complete.
Signs That You Might Need a Root Canal
If any of the following symptoms sound familiar, then a root canal might be exactly what you need:
- Extreme dental pain
- Discomfort when biting down on a specific tooth
- Swelling and redness in the gum tissue near a tooth
- A small bump on the gums near a tooth
- Dental sensitivity to temperatures that lasts for 20-30 seconds
- A tooth has become noticeably discolored compared to those surrounding it
What Actually Happens During a Root Canal
Thanks to local anesthetic and the modern-day techniques used by Dr. Mohr, this often feared procedure is now no more “excruciating” than getting a small filling. When you come to see us with an aching tooth, Dr. Mohr will give you an exam, and if he determines that you need a root canal, the treatment will follow these basic steps:
- Dr. Mohr will begin by numbing your tooth as well as the area around it
- Once you can’t feel anything, he’ll create a small hole in the enamel
- This will allow him to reach and remove the infected pulp
- He’ll then clean and sanitize the tooth
- The tooth will be filled to restore its internal support
- At a follow-up appointment, Dr. Mohr will further rebuild the tooth with a custom-made dental crown.
Stop the Pain!
Life is too short to live with dental pain. Root canal therapy is safe, effective, and can usually be completed in just one visit to make even the worst toothache quickly disappear. To come get the relief you need, give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
Dentistry for Seniors Preventive Dentistry Restorative Dentistry Full-Mouth Reconstruction Dental Implants Cosmetic Dentistry Porcelain Veneers ZOOM! Teeth Whitening KOR Teeth Whitening Virtual Smile DesigningSmile Makeovers Technology & Comforts See All Our Dental Treatments