Because Invisalign trays spend about 20-22 hours in someone’s mouth every single day, keeping them clean is extremely important to ensure they stay clear and odor-free. While there are multiple ways to do this, the simplest comes from the makers of Invisalign itself—cleaning crystals! Keep reading to learn how to use them and how they work…in the time it takes you to finish this blog, they could have made your trays look like new!
What are Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
Invisalign cleaning crystals are small particles of sodium, and they are used to remove plaque from the trays by killing the bacteria that form it. This not only helps your trays fit better by getting rid of buildup, but no bacteria means no staining and bad smells as well. Plus, the crystals offer a much safer way to clean your trays compared to a toothbrush and soap, which can easily lead to scratches.
How to Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals Daily
- Gently take out your aligners and rinse them using cool tap water.
- Put your trays in their carrying case and fill it with warm (not hot!) water so they are fully covered.
- Pour in a packet of cleaning crystals.
- Close your case and lightly shake it for 20 seconds. This will dissolve and distribute the crystals.
- Leave the case alone for about 15 minutes.
- Then, shake the case again for roughly 20 seconds.
- Finally, rinse your trays with warm water before putting them back in.
The Advantages of Using Cleaning Crystals
- Guaranteed to be safe for your trays
- Removes plaque and bacteria that a toothbrush can’t
- Lower risk of scratching or damaging trays
- Only takes about 15 minutes
- Removes undesirable odors and tastes
- Ensures the trays stay fully transparent
- Dentist approved!
You can easily purchase the cleaning crystals through Invisalign’s website–getting them in bulk will entitle you to a discount. Be sure to avoid knock-off crystals as the quality and types of ingredients may be very different than what is listed on the packaging.
Taking care of your trays doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming—cleaning crystals are incredibly convenient and will make sure that only you and your dentist know you’re straightening your teeth.
About the Author
Dr. Allan Mohr is considered one of the most accomplished and skilled cosmetic dentists in the country by fellow dental professionals, and he has dedicated his career to serving the Massapequa Park community for the last 30+ years. An in-demand trainer, speaker, and educator, his favorite thing to do is help his patients achieve the smiles of their dreams, and he has enabled countless people to do just that using Invisalign. To learn more about how this treatment works and schedule a consultation to get started, you can reach out to Dr. Mohr by clicking here or calling (516) 541-7344.